Sunday, March 7, 2010

Craziness

As life will do, everything hits at one time. My job is ending the last day of the month. It came as a bit of a shock, but at the same time was not unexpected--I just thought I would have a few more months as the place I work is moving into its busiest season. In classic style where upper management has no idea what its workers actually DO, their solution was to cut two (very busy and productive) jobs and create two new ones that are totally unrealistic and don't have much to do with where all the work needs to be done. I had hoped I would have more time to recover from both my surgeries before making any huge decisions about my career. I also hope I will qualify for unemployment, or it will be a real hardship. (I had been back there working for nine months, but only part-time.)

My grandmother is finally relocating to another state to be near her sons at the end of the month. I have been helping her pack and will be glad when everything there is finally taken care of--it will be a great load off my mind.

So my focus has been on getting through the rest of the month. I need to get our taxes done, figure out if I can apply for school, and look for work. I am extending my job search to a neighboring state as well, and frankly, it all exhausts me just thinking about it. I woke up sick today (migraine, sinus, etc.) and that didn't really surprise me, either. My body is nothing if not reliable for notifying me when it needs to slow down.

As far as my weight, things are chugging along. The number on the scale remains at 207. I've been walking, and am going to have to keep that (and workout DVDs I already have) as my workout regimen because I won't be able to afford to pay for pool use now. I feel great and am trying not to be too discouraged that my weight isn't changing. I'm fairly certain by the way clothes are fitting that I am still losing body fat. It's that shifting around stuff--it's hard to remain patient.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.