Monday, April 26, 2010

Saturday 9: I Want to Hold Your Hand

1. What do you notice about other people's hands?

Everything--I love hands. I love the dimpled softness of a child's hands; I love seeing rough hands or beautifully manicured hands. Older hands are amazing. I have taken some great hand photos, and my favorite photo from my wedding is probably the one of our rings and the bouquet. I love graceful hands.

2. If someone was nosing around your house, what would you hope they wouldn't see?

How much cat hair and dust there is.

3. Do you think that the more stuff you own enhances your life or adds to your burden?

Adds to the burden.

4. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre?

"Alice in Wonderland", which was just okay. I'm one of the only people in America who isn't enamored of 3-D. It actually annoys me and makes me nauseous.

5. What do you have under your bed?

Dust, a backscratcher, and some Rubbermaid totes full of sweaters and purses.

6. What do you think your s/o or best friend would say about what makes you unique?

Mr. Salted says I'm the nicest person he's ever met. I've also been told that I was a better friend than most--both the best compliments I can imagine.

7. What's your current favorite TV commercial?

It sounds weird, but I like the PSA types that pack a punch. The one that comes to mind is a progression of mug shots of a young woman who uses meth that shows how much she deteriorates physically in a short period of time. The music in the background is "lullaby and good night" and it sounds like it's being played on a child's mobile. There is no voice-over, just the anti-drug message at the end on a black screen with white letters. It's very powerful.

Traditional advertising tends to be so manipulative as to make me want to scream, especially if you watch it with the sound off. I'm not saying the PSA isn't manipulative too, but at least its message is valuable and not just "buy more stuff and you'll be a better/prettier/skinnier/younger/more sexually desirable/wealthier/cooler person".

8. Who do you owe a phone call to?

My former in-laws. I need to call them TODAY!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.