Saturday, May 1, 2010

13 Things That Weight-Loss Surgery Has Made Possible (inspired by Thursday Thirteen)

1. Fitting into restaurant booths and chairs.

2. Being able to clean my house without getting as tired.

3. Walking further, dancing longer.

4. (Sadly) strangers are friendlier to me. I'm not hearing comments or noticing people sizing up my shopping cart.

5. Finding clothes at regular stores for cheap prices! I wore a dress to a job interview the other day that I got on the clearance rack at Target for $7 and it looked great. When I was heavier, the same dress probably would have cost $60--minimum.

6. I have more energy.

7. I smile more. I honestly feel happier.

8. I sleep better.

9. I'm more confident. Job interviews have definitely been easier.

10. My body doesn't feel like the enemy to the extent it once did. I still don't like it, and I still feel somewhat dissociated from it, but I feel so much better already. Which leads me to--

11. I'm physically more comfortable. Summer might not be as hellish as usual this year.

12. I wear clothes that fit and not clothes that are three sizes too big.

13. My feet got smaller.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.