Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saturday 9: Jumping Someone Else's Train

1. When was your last train ride?

When I was a kid, we took the train to Montana every summer to visit family. I haven't ridden the train since then, but my favorite bed and breakfast is made up of refurbished cabooses and we go there once or twice a year--I don't think it counts though! I have really fond memories of riding the train as a kid. The people were always very kind.

2. How many foreign countries have you visited? Tell us about one.

Only Canada and Mexico. Mexico was really hot and beautiful. I was struck by the poverty, though--and I know I only saw the areas that had been spruced up.

3. What do you always take with you on vacation?

Books, camera, and iPod.

4. Tell us about something you've lost recently.
Just weight!

5. Do you prefer action packed vacations or relaxing ones?

Relaxing.

6. How long will you wait in a checkout line before abandoning your purchases?

I've never abandoned my purchases.

7. How old do you wish you were?
Sometimes I wish I could be about ten years younger, but I like the age I am now.

8. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes. I don't take any crap or suffer fools gladly, so I can sometimes be perceived as otherwise, but I have had more than one person I was close to say I was the kindest person they had ever met. I consider that the highest compliment anyone could pay.

9. Tell us about your tattoos. Or if you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?

I don't have any, but I am definitely considering it, probably on my calf, my upper arm or my back. I think about a lotus, because a dear friend told me I was just like one, that I had become a beautiful person though I had come from shit--a really powerful statement. I think about one of my paintings, an important word (maybe courage). Who knows?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.