Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today is the last day of Food Journal, Week 1

I'm writing faithfully in my food journal, mumbling like Yosemite Sam as I go. Rackenfracken does this look like a cup? How many ounces? Merkenfergen don't forget the dressing. Does it say how many calories per serving on the package? Rackenfracken ah hate this.

(I never used to like Yosemite Sam as a kid, but grew to be rather fond of him and his cartoon foibles later in life. My former father-in-law and friend loves him and collects memorabilia with Sam's likeness. I'm a lifetime Looney Tunes fan, so references to the characters may pop up now and then. Mel Blanc was a genius. Horribly politically incorrect as they are now, many of those cartoons are true metaphors for life...particularly those starring Wile E. Coyote.)

I haven't exercised for a month or two. My recumbent stationery bike is sitting there in the living room, its seat scratched thoroughly and helpfully by the feline coinhabitants of my home. My Richard Simmons DVDs are dusty.

I did buy a tai chi workout DVD at Target yesterday. I've always wanted to try tai chi. My natural balance is famously bad. I thought it would be a good way to get back into the working out groove, and I'm pretty sure there is no yelling in tai chi. There's a nice nonthreatening middle-aged man in a tank top and yoga pants on the cover. No glitter. Nobody needs glitter first thing in the morning.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.