Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday 9: Hot Fun in the Summertime Meme

1. Is summer your favorite season? Why?

No way. It's my least favorite. I hate hot weather, I can't be out in the sun because I burn so fast, and I'm never comfortable.

2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing?

No, I exercise less because it's too freakin' hot already. Inside with the A/C on and some ice water is where I probably am.

3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun?

It is physically impossible for me to get a tan. I'm nine shades whiter than a white person, okay? Frog-belly white. Kraft mayonnaise white. You can see my veins through to the bone. I'm out there with umbrellas, sunscreen, hats. People laugh but I have pretty nice skin for a 40-year-old.


4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for?


Water, probably. I've had a few enjoyable days drinking Mudslides or something lovely like that, but alcohol just makes me hotter.

5. Do you camp in the summertime?

No way. Too old to sleep on the ground. Don't like bugs. Allergic to bees. My idea of camping is a room at the Travelodge.

6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid?

They were not my happy time. I'll just leave it at that.

7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors?

No, though I have a couple of fond memories of doing it as a kid...in Becky's yard with the boom box on the long extension cord, looking up at the stars and listening to KISW.

8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year?

You're funny. This quiz is making me feel like the most antisocial misanthrope on the planet. My husband likes to grill. It annoys me because it takes too much effort but I just let him rock on with his bad self. The meat tastes good, anyway,and he cleans up afterward.

9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think?

No. It wouldn't faze me, but it wouldn't be anywhere I'd want to be on purpose.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.