Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Thunks, last week and this

Thanks to "Through Thick and Thin", I am getting hooked up with blogs with memes on them...like a moth to a flame, I am.

1. Have you seen the new Star Trek movie, and if so what did you think?

I went because I love Mr. Salted. It was just all right for me. (thank you, Randy Jackson)

2. Which popular sitcom character (past or present) are you most like?

I'd say Roseanne, but I don't have any kids. I'm probably more like Jackie, so I'd say I'm a combo of the two.

3. What kind of dreams do you have?

Strange, detailed, thought-provoking, disturbing. Never boring. Wake up scratching my head.


4. Bugger it. Go get a tattoo and come back. Right, now answer me this, what ees eet?


One of my paintings, the eyes of Buddha, and/or a memorial tattoo for my dearly departed friend.

5. Do you think you could be on American Idol with the singing voice you have now without any voice training?

No way.

6. How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck? If a woodchuck could chuck wood?

My answer is always the same--if he's chucking it and I'm not, I could care less!

7. If you were a tree in a Dr. Seuss book, what would you look like?

I'd be shaped like the Lorax.

8. Twilight? I'm addicted/Who cares/What the hell is Twilight?

I've only read the first book, and I have seen the movie. I think they are poorly written; I want to slap Bella upside her head, and Edward is a douchebag.

9. Do you think Kimber and Berleen do a dube while writing these questions?

I don't know, I just started :)

10. What the worst injury you've ever had?

The ankle that I broke 20 years ago that I now have to have reconstructive surgery on. Boo. Hiss.

11. What is your favorite dessert?

Chocolate mousse, apple pie, lemon pie. I'll take things I'm not supposed to eat anymore for $500, Alex.

12. What do you prefer...beach or mountains?


Beach. But I like beaches wear you wear sweaters, like the Oregon Coast.

13. What movie have you seen that still make you cry? Oh, a ton. "The Business of Fancydancing" about killed me.

14. Why are you making me submit a question? Are you too lazy to think of one yourself?

Again, I just started. :)

15. how often do you do laundry?

Pretty much daily. There are always towels and blankets and stuff to wash even if I'm caught up on clothes.

16. What is your favorite movie of all time, and why?

"American Beauty" is one...it's a beautiful illustration of human frailty.

17. If you won a million dollars in the lottery, would you keep working?

NO WAY!

18. If there was a war of the gummies, would you be on the gummi bear side or the gummi worm side?

Bears.

19. What's your favorite comic strip?

I love Pearls Before Swine.

20. Close your eyes… imagine you are in the perfect room/place… describe it.

I'll do a room. Hardwood floors, doors/windows/entryways that are rounded at the top, lots of natural light, built-in shelves full of books, walls a light color, a cool rug, a comfy sofa, a little desk with a laptop, a window seat, a cat or two...

21. How many states have you been in?

WA, OR, CA, NY, ID, MT, CO, NY, VT, MA, CT, RI, NH, VA, DC, FL, IL, NJ, NV...19.

22. If a sexist Man is called a pig, what is a sexist Woman called?

I'm stealing Through Thick and Thin's answer..."smart".

23. You see the one person who you absolutely despise. If you were guaranteed that he/she couldn't say or do anything back to you.... What would you do??

Make his heart stop with the sheer power of my mind.

24. How many states are to the right of you?

All but 4, so...55.

25. You can go anywhere in the world for free. Where are you?

I'm in England. And I may not come back.


26. HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP?


Three.

27. Are you a boxing fan? Do you think there will be a rematch of the Hatton-Pacquiao fight?

No. I have no idea. I feel bad for Mike Tyson because his daughter just died.

28. What is the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?

Squid. And my grandmother's potato salad. They were nowhere near each other and this did not happen at the same time. She uses Miracle Whip, and that is Just Wrong.

29. Is it cloudy right now?

Yeah, the type that burn off.

30. What is your dream job?


Not really having or needing one...I would (a) seriously pursue writing and (b) go volunteer with animals so I could play with them and walk dogs part-time--after my ankle's fixed and I can walk again.

31. Someone gives you a $500 gift card to WalMart or Target. What are you going to buy? A laptop.

32. When you were little, what did you want to be "when you grow up"? And, how much different is your occupation now from where you thought it would be when you were younger? I never wanted to be anything but a writer. I don't really have an occupation right now so I'll have to get back to you on that answer.

33. what was your favorite toy as a child?

A pen and paper.

34. How do you think these things up??

My mind is quick like a bunny. My body, not so much.

35. Why do you think so many "fake" veterans get away with pretending? Why don't people question them more (especially the media who eats up their stories?)

Because most people would rather believe the best about people, and want to believe heroes exist.

36. What is the last place you had a good cry and why?


At home. It's safe here. And life.

37. What do you mean?

I mean what I say.

38. Which Sesame Street Character do you relate with the most and why?

Cookie Monster. I still want to marry him, but it would be like marrying my Muppet doppelganger.

39. What song one would you listen to over and over if you absolutely had to?

"Scarborough Fair"

40. Did you ever make what you believed at the time to be a horrible mistake - that in hindsight turned out to lead you on the best path in your life?

I quit grad school. That was a really good decision.

41. If you could change one thing on your person, what would it be?

Weight. Especially stomach.

42. What’s your favorite show to watch on television nowadays?


"Breaking Bad". It's fantastic.

43. Do you believe there is life after death?

Yes.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.