Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I ring in 2010 at 211 pounds, so I have lost 63 pounds since surgery and 85 since my highest weight. I had a wonderful, long, crazy, boozy evening with old friends I've known since grade school that I love as family, and I could not have had a better time. Boozy was permissible due to Baja Bob's sugar-free (sweetened with Splenda) sour apple martini mixer. Hooray!! (As for the morning after, I'm encouraged by how many coffee places have sugar-free options as well.) We played Rock Band and I sang--or I should say, "sang"--a LOT, everything from Nirvana "Drain You" to Survivor "Eye of the Tiger". I'm hoping whatever recording devices were present didn't pick up too much embarrassing footage...

I took a ton of pictures, and while they were fun and I enjoyed them, it was discouraging for me to see (a) how large I still am and (b) how many chins I still have. Sigh. Part of life, and I'm trying not to focus on it. I've made a lot of progress in a short time, but I am far from a patient woman.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.