Friday, January 8, 2010

Saturday 9: Call Me

1. Who is someone that phones you routinely that you never seem to be up to talk to, but you are not ready to push them out of your life?

I don't really have any of those anymore. Thankfully.

2. What is something that affects you deeply, to your core, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?

Hate crimes. Racism. Homophobia. Domestic violence. Rape. Torture. People losing children and grandchildren, children losing their parents prematurely. Incest. Animal cruelty. Homelessness. Poverty. Hunger. I am not a social worker for a reason.

3. Tell us of something that relaxes you and always makes you happy.

A hug from someone I love. A cup of tea. My cats. Quiet.

4. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?

I think I'd take a train all over Europe. I've never been there.

5. If you could look into the future, how far down the road would you like to see? 10 years? 100 years? A million?

All of the above. It would be interesting.

6. Did you do your shopping online for this Christmas, how did it go? Did things come in on time? Any significant failures? ...and if you didn't, will you consider trying online shopping sometime this year?

I shop online routinely. I didn't have any problems at Christmas. I love online shopping--as a friend of mine says, "I'd get my hair cut online if I could."

7. What people or projects are worth your time, money or effort?

The people in my life that are know who they are. In terms of charities, I have many that I like to support, including public television, Habitat for Humanity, Planned Parenthood, the Humane Society, VFW, Alzheimer's Association, etc.

8. Think back when you were in high school. Are you proud of the way you dressed, or do you wish you could go back and change it all?

I dressed pretty wack at times, but some of that was because I didn't have money and/or a mom and some of it was because I was figuring out who I was. I don't really regret it. I wish I hadn't gotten so many perms before I figured out I was never going to have thick, wavy hair, though.

9. Do any of your friends, family or co-workers know about your blogs? For those that do, did you tell them or have they stumbled upon it by themselves?

I have told most of the people I know where it is.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.