Tuesday, February 10, 2009

40: not just a U2 song

I turned 40 on December 3rd, which means I have to get mammograms every year now. I already had a baseline in 2002 because of some family history, so I kind of knew what to expect this time. I wore my "Chicks Rule" shirt, and on the way out of the hospital parking lot, cranked "The Bitch is Back" just to bring the whole experience around in a circular fashion. However, no chocolate or shopping was involved.

My 40+ female friends who are reading this, go schedule your mammograms now if you haven't already. :o)

Edit, 2-17-09: I got the letter today that the exam came out normal, which made me want to find even more empowering music to turn up!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.