Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not much to report

Have not felt like writing much the past few days. My sleep is still all over the place. I notice I crash after 2 days without it; last night I took a couple of Benadryl to help it along, and it did the trick.

I have spent most of today on the phone with doctors and insurance, trying to get new sleep medication ordered, and then a "health advisor" from insurance called and advised me to check in regarding the appeals process. So I did, and as I thought, I don't have a leg to stand on without that 6 months of documentation, which I am in the process of obtaining.

I see the nutritionist Monday, and I have a lot of questions for her. A friend recommended the South Beach Diet, or at least many of their recipes, so I've been reading the book. It seems like a reasonable diet in the 3rd phase, but Phase 1 throws me into a panic. I don't think I feasibly can go to that extreme, and I hope I don't need to--just being able to have some sugar-free pudding or Crystal Light helps tremendously with curbing my appetite for sweets.

I have gotten a couple of hip-hop and salsa dance-based workout DVDs that I am enjoying and alternating with the t'ai chi. I don't look as cute doing salsa dance steps as the instructor, but thankfully, there is no one here to see me trying to learn them but the cats.

I've also been applying for a lot of jobs.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.