Sunday, July 12, 2009

Saturday 9: Wedding Bell Blues

1. If you have been or are married, tell us about your wedding. If you are not, tell us how would you want it to be.

Both of my weddings were very small. The first had three people; the second had seven people, which was more than I wanted, but it worked out well. We picked an officiant, wrote our own vows, and I actually got dressed up, carried flowers, and all that stuff. If I'd had my druthers, though, we would have run off somewhere alone together and gotten married. We plan to renew our vows that way at some point.

2. What age would you encourage your children to get married? I don't think anyone should get married before they are 25. The later, the better. I was almost 30 the first time I married and that was a good age.

3. Who got married at the last wedding that you attended? Pat and Noemi.

4. Do you enjoy weddings and receptions? The receptions tend to be more fun, of course. It really depends on who's getting married. For the most part, I enjoy them, but I used to be a wedding photographer so I can pretty much predict the length of the marriage accurately before the ceremony is over.

5. Have you cried at a wedding? Sure.

6. Would you prefer a lavish event or a intimate ceremony? Intimate.

7. Have you ever been in someone’s wedding party? If yes, do tell.
A couple of times. Once I was a bridesmaid and the photographer--I don't recommend that. My main memories are of being hot, of going into a handicapped stall with the other attendants and holding up the big dress so a bride could pee, and of hoping my strapless bra(because you could never wear a normal bra with those dresses) wouldn't blow out at an inopportune moment.

8. Does a wedding make you happy and sentimental or grouchy and skeptical? Depends on the circumstances. I err on the skeptical side until I see some evidence to the contrary, but always hope for the best.

9. Why do you think our divorce rate is so high? People getting married for the wrong reasons to people they don't know well enough. And people that want a wedding, not a marriage!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.