Monday, March 30, 2009

Basset hounds



I went to a local "Basset Bash" this weekend. I love Basset hounds, have always wanted one, but don't have a fenced yard (Washington Basset Rescue told me this was a requirement because they like to visit people) and, in theory, am not home enough in real life when I'm not amidst this midlife economic, health and career segue. I love their long velvety ears, soulful eyes, and overall sweetness. Some people have told me derisively that they are "stupid", but that's in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? I couldn't believe how many of them, when they see a person--any person--started to wag their tails and wanted to be pet, even though it was cold and rainy and some of them were wearing costumes. This unadorned guy turned out to be my favorite shot of the day; I have a bunch more on my Flickr site.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.