Thursday, March 12, 2009

Protein and exercise

I saw the exercise physiologist today, and it actually wasn't bad. 20 minutes on the treadmill, strength training, talking about our cats. I only have to see him once a month, which is good.

Keeping track of the protein content in what I eat has already proven interesting. Cottage cheese has an insane amount of protein in it--13 grams per half cup. I hope my system is going to tolerate all the dairy, beans, etc. The only day I exceeded the 80 grams (high end of the post-surgery spectrum) was the day we had fish for dinner. I have a feeling we're going to be eating a lot of fish--it's never really been my favorite, but as with most of the other food, it is growing on me and I'm getting used to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.