Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chocolate milk

Little tiny things can make, break, or just help get through a day sometimes. Grocery shopping today, I was cheered by the fact that Nestle Quik comes in sugar-free. I bought some and got to have a guilt-free glass of chocolate milk this afternoon. Protein is going to be increasingly important after surgery, so milk, string cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese will remain my close companions. Adding up my protein grams every night as well as the calorie count has been crazy; most days I make it to the 60-80 gram range where they want me without a problem, but a "bad day" it hovers at maybe half that. The nutritionist said protein would help me heal after surgery, whatever that means--the inside of my stomach, I guess, since this is going to be laproscopic surgery.

There is something incredibly comforting about a glass of chocolate milk.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.