Monday, March 9, 2009

"The Wrestler"

Mr. Salted and I went to see "The Wrestler" today. We both wanted to see it, and decided to treat ourselves to lunch and a matinee, whether we could afford it or not.

I thought it was a really good movie--the kind *I* like, anyway--great cast, complicated characters that I really cared about (whether I liked them or not), nothing tied up in a neat bow. Interesting, flawed human beings, actors that look their ages and weren't afraid to go there emotionally. They all did really brave work. There were a lot of parallels to things and people in my own life, and it's a solid underdog story. Ultimately, it made me think; it made me want to write; and it made me want to keep going, plugging along. These are all good things. It's one of those films that stays with you for a while, I can see.

Of course, now I can't sleep; I also ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's this evening, after trying to feel full by eating healthier stuff first. I see the nutritionist tomorrow, and have to raise the issue of the billing snafu, which I am not thrilled about.

Mr. Salted and I paid bills today. It's a shaky time economically and a bit scary in general, but we're grateful that he's employed, we're insured, and above all just grateful that we have each other. Things have been a lot worse than this.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.