Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday Thunks meme for June 11

1. What is your least favorite candy bar?

I don't care for PayDays.

2. If I were to call you, what would you say?

Howdy.

3. What is your favorite type of leaf?

A brightly colored autumn kind, or one that has been eaten by bugs in an interesting fashion.

When was the last time you...

- swam in a lake?

Probably 15 years ago or more, up at Whistle or Trafton Lake with Dena and the girls.

- went barefoot outside?

Probably within the last week, but it was only from the car to the house.

- ate peas?

Maybe a month or two.

5. Since Father's Day is right around the corner, tell us about the person that you are celebrating.

I celebrate my former father-in-law, who is still a good friend. He is funny, kind, loving, and smart. He loves to garden; his yard looks like a state park. When I call on the phone, he always sounds glad to hear my voice. He has been the closest thing to a real father that I've ever had in my life, something I never thought I would get to experience this time around on planet Earth. I feel very fortunate to know him.

6. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

No, but I think damn near everyone around me had been a few too many times.

7. How often do you clean your toilet?

When it needs it.

8. Have you ever been sunburned? Tell us about it.


It was the '70s and no one seemed to bother with sunscreen, so I had several severe sunburns as a child. The worst one was when I was about 10 or 11. I literally couldn't wear clothes for a couple of weeks and had to stay in bed. It was awful. To this day, I burn in a few minutes, even with sunscreen, so I try to stay in the shade, under an umbrella, or just stay inside. It's not worth it.

9. On average, how many hours a sleep do you get a night?

If I have the right medication, 8.

10. How many hours did you get last night?

I'd say 8. I was exhausted.

11. Take a picture of something. Post it.

I took this picture of the neighbor kid's toy truck outside in the yard today and Photoshopped it.



12. Are the bottom of your feet dirty?

No. I took a shower two hours ago.

13. Do you know the names of every member of the family who lives next door to you?

No.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.