Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to work, Granny, shopping

I went back to work today. It is so perfect for my situation right now to have this part-time job that is so flexible. I did four hours (most of it was spent catching up with everyone, to be truthful) and will do four hours tomorrow. I can get a lot done on Saturday with no one there. I want to also try to pick up two or three shifts next week in between Granny dealings. My uncle and I are on the same page and think she should stay where she is. She is quite lucid when you speak to her, she knows everyone and recognizes voices on the phone, but at the end of the conversation, she broke down crying: "I've never been so sick in my life," she said. "I don't know what's the matter, I felt better this morning but now I'm feeling so sick again." I just told her to rest. She has to have help to toilet or bathe herself; this does not sound like a person who can live on her own. It's not like I'm trying to get rid of her or stow her somewhere--I want her somewhere where she is cared for, and she is.

I stopped at Catherine's after work to look for some 2X pants--just the lovely elastic-waist basics to get me through the transitions. Actually, I wanted capri pants, but it was too late in the year for those. I tried on a few shirts, also 2X and they almost fit. The 3Xs were HUGE. The 2X stretch pants basically fit already. I have stuff in my closet as large as 5X, so that was pretty exciting. I still looked horrible in those stupid mirrors--I know everyone does, but there was my nasty stomach, still needing its own zip code. I have tried on so many pairs of pants over the years that would have fit everywhere else if my stomach wasn't there. Sigh. I'm an APPLE, but not the kind that keeps the doctor away.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.