Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Stealing: A Fall Meme

What did you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete?

We went to the coast this weekend. It was fantastic.

A person I know was wrong for me but about whom I frequently thought after a break-up was...

Probably all of them while I was recovering from whatever breakup was happening at the time. I process everything exhaustively.

If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be?

Olympic figure skating!

Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar?

I'd probably be wearing tie-dye and/or Chucks and/or Vans and laughing a lot.

Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche?

I'd write more about writing. I may do that.

If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you?

1. Almost everyone around you is crazy. You WILL get away from them. Don't believe all the negative things they are telling you about yourself. (ages birth to eighteen)

2. Get on antidepressants and stay on them. (ages fifteen to thirty)

3. Have more fun. Don't look at every guy you date like he has to be The One. (ages 18-28)

Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared?

All of them. They're all interesting.

If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least?

I think I could go without it for weeks. I'd miss the Internet the most and the phone the least.

On September 11th of this year, I attended a couple of parties and was somewhat conflicted by the fact that this ignoble anniversary shall pass with it being just another day in the eyes of many (and in some ways my own eyes as well.) Thoughts?

I think no one is going to forget September 11--nor should they--but that we have to move on.

How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt?

(1) Really high. (2) Probably my husband. (3) Hard to articulate, but they would need to be considerable.

The sexiest thing a man or a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is:

I'll do it, honey.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.