Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Three positive things


It took all this morning to write the last entry--it also helped me process. Writing always does. It also drained me, and I applaud anyone who read the whole thing, if you did. What patience you must have.

I want to write about three happy things today because I am a balanced, multifaceted kind of gal. Maybe they are silly, but I don't care. Any port in a storm.

1) A hoodie I'd gotten from Ebay that has the Count from Sesame Street on it arrived in yesterday's mail. It was supposed to be way too small and I figured I'd diet into it, but it must be oversized because IT ALREADY FITS. It says "Count #13" on the back, like a sports jersey. I am so totally stoked to wear it! Ah ah ah!!!

2) I dragged my butt to the grocery store today so Mr. Salted wouldn't have to. I clipped coupons, I bargain hunted, and let me just say that today, I am a rock star. Why, you may ask yourself? I saved (drum roll please) $78.00 with coupons. I don't want to hear about it if you can do better than that, because I'm a lifelong coupon clipper and that is my new record by a long way, and today, I am a rock star. I'm putting my fingers in my ears and singing "lalala" right after I stop typing this. Rock star.

3) Ben and Jerry's officially changed the name of their ice cream Chubby Hubby to Hubby Hubby in honor of marriage equality. This has a special meaning for me because my dear friend, who I blogged about in May ("Ten Years After"), loved this ice cream. He also lived in Burlington, Vermont, for a time, near where the Ben and Jerry's factory was, and we visited it together. It was great fun, and I remember even back then (1992) he commented that they were a very forward-thinking company with domestic partner benefits and that people were clamoring to work for them because they treated their workers so well. So hurray for Ben and Jerry's. I always loved their ice cream, too--I don't believe they ever made a bad flavor.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.