Friday, September 25, 2009

Escape

Late-breaking news--literally, I found this out officially at 3:45 and it's Friday--the rest home is discharging my grandmother to live alone again on Monday. I'm completely disgusted with the entire situation, but there is nothing I can do about it that hasn't already been done. I have a job, and I have reconstructive ankle surgery Thursday. I just flat refuse to be the one on the hook for every rise and fall of this whole saga, which has basically served as a validation of every choice I've made to forge an adult life that includes very few biological relatives. My journey in life has taught me that one must create oneself; Mr. Salted and me are my home. Family has chosen me and I have chosen them. They know who they are.

Speaking of the Mr., he and I are escaping to the ocean this weekend. I'm not promising we'll come back, either.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.