Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Conditional relief

My uncle just told me that my grandmother's doctor is giving it a couple more weeks, but he doesn't think she will be able to go home and live independently. She would have to improve 20 to 45% for him to okay it, and he doesn't see it happening. There is also the matter of the state ponying up the funds to keep her apartment while all this is going on. Their decision is still pending, in part, because it hinges on what the doctor decides.

I said, "I can be a real b***h about this and refuse to drive her home if he decides to release her, because I don't agree." He replied, "You don't have to, because I'll be here."

Well. Okay then.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.