Friday, September 25, 2009

Saturday 9: I Call Your Name

1. If you could have named yourself, which name would you have chosen, and why?

I DID name myself. I legally changed all three of my names when I was 22 years old. It was an immensely healing act of personal power that is one of the best gifts I have ever given myself. I picked three names that are beautiful, strong, and sound great together. I could not be happier with my name.

2. If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why?

I think the best is yet to come for me--so I wouldn't.

3. If you could go back and change one friendship in your past, who would it have been, and why?

I would make my best friend still be alive. If I could have done anything to save him, I would do it.

4. If you could have dated one person in your past that you did not date, who would it be, and why?

Probably no one. I ended up with who I was supposed to.

6. If you had the opportunity to live in another country, which one would it be, and why? If you choose NOT to live in another country, why do you want to stay in your current country?

I'd love to go to England and live in the country with big dogs and a polka-dotted pair of wellies. My friend B could live on the next estate and we could meet for tea.

7. If you could choose your dream job, what would it be, and why?

I'd be a writer because that's all I've ever wanted to be.

8. If you could wish a wish and it be guaranteed to come true (other than riches) what would it be, and why?

I'd like to not lose my marbles before I die. Why? Because it blows.

9. If you could meet two blogger friends (you may choose more, if you wish) who would they be?

All of them, especially my invisible friend J. She is not a blogger, but we "met" ten years ago on a message board and she knows me better than most people in my life do. To me, she is family and I've never laid eyes on her in person. The Internet can be a wonderful thing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.