Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Stealing meme

1. The phone rings. Who will it to be?

It will be the blood bank. They want my husband's blood really, really badly; he is a clean and healthy sort.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?

ALWAYS. Warning: this is one of my things, a knee-jerk reaction to always hearing about how lazy fat people are. (Sample inner dialogue: "See? SEE? The fat girl is returning her cart. Your judgmental bony ass has nothing to prove, get in your SUV and shut the hell up, but: THE FAT GIRL IS RETURNING HER CART. Yes, even in the driving rain and wind. So put your fat-girl stereotypes in your overpriced caffeinated drink/energy drink/free-range filtered water of choice and SUCK 'EM DOWN."

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?


If I'm comfortable I can be TOO talkative. If I'm not comfortable, I barely talk at all. It's that simple.

4. Do you take compliments well?

Not really. It is something I will always have to work on doing better. I like to compliment other people. It's much easier to give than receive compliments.

5. Do you play Sudoku?

No, it sounds boring to me. I'm not into games like that. I'd rather read or write or do something with words or pictures. A lot of my job involves number-crunching, but all that is is attention to detail. I'm lucky enough to be fairly good at both numbers and words.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?

No. I don't like bugs, I don't like getting dirty, I'd rather not walk up hills, I'm clumsy, and I'd probably be a tasty treat for a bear, since I am a "fine doorful of a woman" (thank you, JZ).

7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?

I went to some day camp that the Salvation Army put on when I was a young grade-schooler and I remember just loving it. We just played on the swings and made crafts. We also had a great public library summer program in my hometown, back in the mid- to late-'70s when there was still funding for such things and "Sesame Street" was in its glory days.

8. What was your favorite game as a kid?


Being an only kid and alone a lot, I was not much of a game player. I played the usual classics with friends--Monopoly, Life, Mousetrap, Chutes and Ladders--but I would rather have been reading or drawing.

9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you?

Hell no, and I'd think I was being punked to boot.

10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?

Definitely, if there was mutual respect, which is a must anyway. I realize this is not a commonly expressed belief, but for ME, religion is one of the most private, personal things there is. There are not many people I will discuss it with in any depth; it just isn't anyone's business what I believe or don't believe.

11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?

Both in equal amounts. Being pursued is a lot of fun IF you want to pursue the person back!

12. Use three words to describe yourself?


Funny, thoughtful, stubborn.

13. Do any songs make you cry?

Yes, many. The soundtrack from the movie "Chaplin", for some reason. "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" by Led Zeppelin can. But the perfect accompaniment to tears, especially love-trouble tears, is Patsy Cline, any day of the week.

14. Are you continuing your education?

Funny you should ask. I have been giving this a lot of consideration of late. I am thinking of applying for an MFA program or two. I started an MA right after my BA and it was disastrous--I was burned out and couldn't handle the politics. I'm wondering if enough time has passed--it has been twelve years. It's frustrating because I don't particularly want to teach, but I want to write. I know you don't need a degree to write, but it helps to make contacts so one can Work As A Writer, or so they say. I am torn. Also, I don't know if I can get funding, so it might be a moot point anyway. I am still paying on my BA.

I am also considering a Technical Writing Certificate, because THAT would likely actually PAY when I was done, in theory.

15. Do you know how to shoot a gun?


I can shoot a .22.

16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Every chance I get, but only with someone else--they are so much fun. I miss them; they are a rarity now, although I have seen one at the zoo and at a local movie theater recently.

17. How often do you read books?
Daily.

18. Do you think more about the past, present or future?

Probably all three about equally.

19. What is your favorite children’s book?

When I was very little, it was "Never Tease a Weasel". I also liked Maurice Sendak, Dr. Seuss, Ferdinand the Bull...

20.What color are your eyes?
Green/blue

21. How tall are you?

5'3"

22. Where is your dream house located?

Cannon Beach, OR

23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?

Husband, cats, and photos

24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?

A couple of years ago--I think it was a work lunch.

25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?

I worked four hours this morning--it's about a 25-minute drive each way.

26. Do you like mustard?

No. I can tolerate it if it's not spicy and applied very lightly to the bread.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.