Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bloodwork bill

I blogged previously about the bloodwork I had to do recently as a pre-op requirement by my bariatric surgeons. The bill arrived today. With the EKG, the total cost was over $800; my insurance billed me for more than $300 of this. The bill was actually itemized by each test they had to do, and on every test it reads: " Denial. Charges exceed your contracted and/or legislated fee arrangement."

FEE ARRANGEMENT? I'm not paying for a lap dance! At first I was just going to pay the bill without question--I'm tired, y'all--but the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am. This is mandatory pre-op bloodwork ordered by my surgeon, not a spa treatment. It also makes me wonder if it was coded wrong somewhere along the line, given the chaos that happened with the taking of my actual blood. Me being me, I have to find out what these people are thinking. Literally every single item on here has a denial in the detail, from the EKG to the lipid panel (note: I have high cholesterol) and all the flora and fauna in between. My understanding was this entire process was covered at 80%. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.