Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lazy weekend

This morning, Mr. Salted and I had to go out in search of the refill of liquid Demerol. We ended up getting it from the same clinic, but they didn't have enough of it and Mr. Salted has to go back there and get the rest of it after work on Tuesday. I can't believe how hard this stuff is to get; there must be a lot of other people who are allergic to the -codones as I am. Hopefully I won't need it much longer.

I have slept most of the day today. Everyone keeps telling me my body's been through a huge shock and I need to just listen to it and take it easy, so I'm trying to do that. It is hard for me to wear any clothing that touches the incisions, and being in a prone position is the most comfortable place to be. We had a wedding to go to, but Mr. Salted went without me. I knew I couldn't make it through a dressy social situation like a wedding, and I always end up taking lots of pictures, so instead I'm laptopping and watching bad TV.

We went out to lunch at our favorite restaurant. I ordered a deal they have with a cup of soup, a dinner salad and a carrot bran muffin. I ate about 1/4 of it and will probably get two or three more meals out of it. I was afraid the bran muffin would make me sick, but it didn't. (Of course, I only ate a couple of bites of it.) I guess I'm not doing right, eating this stuff when I still should be on puree, but I take small bites and chew very carefully and have had no problems.

I have also discovered the joys of GNC online--they delivered cases of Pure Protein shakes right to my door, flavors you can't usually find in the stores and the price is about the same. Yay!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.