Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

...is a really annoying song. I love "You Don't Own Me", though. An early feminist classic.

Yesterday, I was feeling pretty good and sunny, and today the invisible, yet all-encompassing cloak o' fatigue draped itself around my shoulders and whispered in my ear, "You are going to be worthless today." And so it came to pass that the cloak, by cracky, was correct. I was going to try to do a fun thing with some friends, and knew there was no way it was going to happen. I was not asleep most of the day, but neither was I awake. I was nodding off while I typed, nodding off while I talked on the phone, nodding off while I watched TV. I felt like a heroin addict looks. (I don't want to know what I looked like.) I don't feel down mood-wise or anything--I'm just very, very tired. My incisions still hurt, and I know the heavy-duty narcotics they have me on aren't known for their juicing-up powers.

I passed the day by dozing in front of bad court shows, canceling my plans with my understanding and supportive friends, and calling my aunt, who just had a knee replacement and is in a rehab center for a couple of weeks. It was nice to chat with everyone. I was roundly ignored by all three of my traitorous felines--no wonder I want a dog.

I also looked at clothes online on my laptop and bought a couple of things on Ebay, a size or two down, of course. I don't know why I'm looking at clothes so much all of a sudden, except that once I have to start all over, I get to start all over! I still love the vintage, goth, and hippie-inspired things of my youth, and now I'll be able to fit into some of them. I can't dye my hair blue, but I have to get past wanting to do that. Speaking of dyeing hair, a lot of people have commented that they like the blonde. I wasn't expecting that.

Today's food experiment was to peel, chop, and puree half an apple, two tablespoons of peanut butter and a cup of chocolate Soy Slender in the blender. It was pretty good--only slightly lumpy. 14 grams of protein, at any rate.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.