Thursday, August 6, 2009

Necessity is the mother of invention

A nurse in the hospital showed me this one. I have a lot of big elaborate bandages on my abdomen at the moment, and the surgeons want me to keep them on until I see them on the 14th, but also not get them wet when I shower. So, I wrap myself in Glad Press and Seal Wrap--it has to be the Glad, because the generic versions are too tentative to really press and seal--and voila, dry bandages. The abdomen is causing me most of my discomfort. I am even feeling a bit nauseated for the first time tonight; my scopolamine patch lost its mojo. I tried to drink one of those vanilla meal replacement powders with a half-teaspoon of coconut extract and it still tasted yukky. Vanilla just doesn't seem to be agreeing with me--too chalky. I am liking Muscle Milk Light's peanut butter chocolate powder, and the Pure Protein shakes, which come in banana, strawberry and cookies and cream if you look hard enough. I think GNC online and I are going to become very good friends.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.