Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Crazy Questions meme: Love It Or Hate It

1. The new sports season is about to begin...do you love it or hate it?

The only sports I follow are gymnastics and figure skating. The figure skating season starts in September or October, and that seems to be when Nationals and Worlds take place in gymnastics, though those events are hard to catch because the television coverage is almost nil. There's no shortage of coverage of poker, though. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

2. What's your favorite of the sports and what team?

I like gymnasts and skaters from all over the world.

3. Do you get snow where you live? Do you love it or hate it?

We don't get much, and my pet peeve is that no one knows how to drive in it. Last winter was pretty hairy, as we were without water for several days--no plumber could get to us. We had to melt snow in order to flush our toilet and then pour it into the toilet tank through a strainer. I could not believe how much water it took for one flush. I lost my patience about Day 3 and screamed, "What IS this, Little House on the #$%^ing Prairie?" When the plumber got there, a pipe broke. Oh, we had some fun! Sorry, lost myself on a tangent there. In short, snow looks pretty and I'm fine with it if I don't have to drive anywhere and have operable toilets and showers.

4. You got stopped by a cop who tells you were speeding. Do you explain some made up story as to why you were speeding or deny it and try to get out of it?

I tell him the truth--that I probably just didn't notice how fast I was going.

5. You just had a fight with the person you are closest to. Do you not speak to them until they apologize...or do you apologize first? It depends. I don't like to fight and I don't keep a scorecard.

6. What do you love about this time of year?

The weather is usually pretty good, and I love back to school sales because I love fun stationery, pens, notebooks, post-its and goofy stuff like that. I always find good deals on shoes and stuff about this time.

7. Your doctors says you need more exercise....what do you take up for exercise?

Swimming, walking, dancing around my house like a fool when no one is around.

8. If you could travel in time...where in time would you go? Why?

I would go to the Renaissance, to ancient Greece, be a flapper in the Roaring '20s, work with Mel Blanc and the people at Looney Tunes in the '40s and '50s, be right in the middle of the music in the '60s, go back and hang out with my mom for a couple of days (she died when I was two), go dancing with my dearly departed best friend in the early '90s one more time, and make sure I saw Nirvana live before Kurt Cobain died.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.