Saturday, August 1, 2009

GNC

Today I made my first visit to GNC. They have a lot of nutritional supplements that I'm going to need. It was a little weird in there--they have supplements for just about everything--but the salesperson was extremely helpful and quite knowledgeable about bariatric surgery. I needed liquid calcium magnesium citrate, which they had, and bought a bunch of the Isopure drinks and powders to mix the drinks. They had pre-made ones in bottles as well as huge jars of the powder, and in a lot more flavors than I've heard of whey protein isolates coming in. The powder came in chocolate mint, cookies and cream, bananas and cream, peach mango, pineapple something or other, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting. The pre-made also had a grape and a blue raspberry. None of this stuff is cheap, but Mr. Salted, bless him, reminded me that this is really a trip to the grocery store for me. I tried one of the pre-made ones tonight, and it's okay. (I can choke it down easier than yet another infernal blankety-blanking hard-boiled egg.) $4.96 a bottle, but it's also a meal replacement (and if you buy by the case, there's a price break). I forget what the big jars of powder cost; I want to say between $40 and $50 for about three pounds. I became a member and got the little card. I will probably order online if I can to avoid schlepping the stuff through the mall. (I despise the mall on principle, and am paranoid about my ankle giving out as well.) We also found a Magic Bullet knockoff at JCPenney for $20, marked down from $60. Whee!

The Isopure drink I just drank had 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 40g protein, 55g calcium and 45g potassium. Not bad.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog focuses largely on a personal journey to and through weight-loss surgery. It's also about reading, writing, animals, photography, love, humor, music, thinking out loud, and memes. In other words...life.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.